Monday 13 March 2017

Brown Hare's by Mick

I had for a long time wanted to photograph Brown Hare but had only ever managed distant views.

While living in Romford I made several trips up to Copped Hall on the edge of Epping Forest as I knew several of my friends had seen them there, but it wasn't fruitful for me.

With the move up to Norfolk, Brown Hare was very much on the agenda . Norfolk is a stronghold for them and I was hoping it would turn up trumps for me, and I was not disappointed.
These images were taken on farmland that is quite local to me now.

I first spotted this group of four at quite a distance.


The two on the right then started to run in my direction and as I was sheltered by a bush my hope was that they would come quite close, eventually coming within about 10 feet before spotting me and running back across the field.







 This last image is only a slight crop using a 300 mm lens on a 5 D mk lll. I am looking forward to getting back out again with them soon and hopefully will get some images of them boxing.

Mick













No comments:

Post a Comment